|Topics||Forms & Documents||Links|
|- Contact info||- Pet Waste article||- Outside resources|
|- Functions||- Dog Complaint form|
|- Laws & Licensing||- Dog Registration form|
|- Pet Lost & Found|
|- Rabies Clinic|
Emergency calls at all times 9-1-1
Business hours non-emergency calls
ACO Michael Sendrowski (508) 210-5649
After hours non-emergency calls
HPD Business Line (508) 210 5600 option 1
The Health Agent for the Town of Holden reminds residents to refrain from depositing pet waste in storm drains, whether the waste is bagged or not. Please bring it home with you for proper disposal.
>> Click here to read an article about this public health hazard.
* * * * *
- Animal Control deals primarily with:
- problem domestic animals (dogs, cats, etc.)
- wild animal issues
- enforcement of the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and Town of Holden bylaws that pertain to animal control and licensing
- referrals to the appropriate agency or private company when issues are beyond their capability or jurisdiction
- All dogs and cats must have up-to-date rabies vaccinations and other shots as required by law
- All dogs must be licensed yearly
- Cats do not require licensing or registration
- >> Click here to open the mail-in dog registration form
Leashing (Town ByLaw)
- Holden has a 24-hour leash law for dogs
- Your dog must be leashed at all times in all public places and on public ways
- When on private property, your animals must be confined to those premises.
- Laws regarding dog licensing, etc. are in MGL Chapter 140, Sections 136A-175
- As a pet owner, it is your responsibility to dispose of waste correctly
- >> Click here to read about owner responsibility and some issues surrounding dog waste in the Wachusett area
- Laws regarding nuisance barking and vicious dogs are in MGL Chapter 140, Section 157
- Nuisance barking and/or vicious dog complaints may be filed by completing a complaint form and submitting it to the Animal Control Officer.
- >> Click here to access the dog complaint form.
LOST & FOUND
If you have lost your pet or found someone else's, please report it by calling the HPD Business Line at 508-210-5600 and use option 1. We keep a running list of reported losses and discoveries so hopefully we can make a match and reunite pet and owner.
Information to have available when you call, if possible:
- Type of animal, breed, gender, age
- Description (color, size, breed, injuries, markings)
- Date and location when found/last seen
- Collar description
- Tag description, numbers, etc.
- Behavior / warnings (friendly, agressive, etc.)
|Mass Division of Fisheries & Wildlife||508-835-3607||Public agency - wildlife info of all kinds|
|Critter Control||508-757-4751||Private company for critter removal|
|Jeff Zottoli (no website)||508-829-7093||Private company for critter removal|
|Fords Hometown Services||508-852-4066||Private company for critter removal|
|Town of Holden Health Agent||508-210-5542||Human health issues|
|Town of Holden Town Clerk||508-210-5530||Dog licensing|
|Mass. Environmental Police||800-632-8075||Wildlife law enforcement|
|MSPCA||617-522-6008||Mass. Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals|
|HSUS||202-452-1100||Humane Society of the United States|
|Second Chance Fund||978-779-8287||"Quick Fix" clinics - spay/neuter and vaccinations|
|Worcester Animal Rescue League||508-853-0030||Non-profit shelter|
|Holden Veterinary Clinic||508-829-6368||Local veterinarian|
|Mt Wachusett Veterinary Hospital||508-829-0419||Local veterinarian|
ANNUAL RABIES CLINIC
Holden Animal Control sponsors an annual rabies vaccination clinic for dogs and cats. The date varies from year to year but is generally held in April. Information will be posted here when a date is scheduled.
(2016 RABIES CLINIC is complete)
Can't wait? Try the Worcester Animal Rescue League
>> Click here to link to the WARL website.