On this page....
|Topics||Forms & Documents||Links|
|- Public Records Law Update 08/2014||- Current Public/Press Log||- HPD Police Reports & Records page|
|- Log entries for arrests||- 2014 Log Archive|
|- Public availability of logs|
|- Police reports|
Legislation signed into law by Governor Patrick in August of 2014 restricts the public release of any police records pertaining to domestic violence and abuse. This includes incident reports, log entries, and arrest records. See MGL Ch 41 §97D and MGL Ch 41 §98F for more information.
- Arrest records published in our logs are public information.
- Arrests which are exempt by law are not included.
- Any indication of an arrest does NOT mean the individual identified has been convicted of a crime.
- All persons arrested are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
In person, by phone, or via email
HPD makes our call logs available to the public in compliance with Massachusetts Public Records law.
- Logs are available free of charge
- To expedite your request, please have the date and time range for the logs you are looking for ready when you contact us
- Logs are available for review during regular business hours and at all other reasonable times
- Log entries exempt by statute are not available to the public at any time
- Logs are published to this web page on as close to a weekly basis as possible
- Logs will remain available on this page for the current calendar year, and for several weeks into the subsequent year
- To view the logs for a particular time period, click the appropriate link below. (Dates are in reverse order, so the most current is at the top).
>> Click here to access monthly 2014 log archive
2014 Call Logs
Not every log entry generates a police report. If it does, the report must be requested separately, a fee may be charged, and the report may not be available immediately.
>> Click here to link to our Police Reports & Records page for more information about obtaining reports.