A tree is damaged / leaning / diseased / etc. What should I do?

A town tree is damaged/ leaning/ diseased/ etc. What should I do?

The Holden Municipal Light Department conducts forestry operations for Electric Utility wires and trees on town property (sides of the road, parks etc.).

If you are unsure if a tree is on town or private property or have any questions, please contact the Tree Warden, Ben Smith, at 508-210-5400.

Massachusetts General Law, Chapter 87, Section 3, “Except as provided by section five, public shade trees shall not be cut, trimmed or removed, in whole or in part, by any person other than the tree warden or his deputy, even if he be the owner of the fee in the land on which such tree is situated, except upon a permit in writing from said tree warden…”