Holden’s Agricultural Commission was established by a vote of Town Meeting in May 2009. Since then, members have created a Mission Statement which captures the commission goals:
- To Serve, Promote, and Enhance agriculture within the Town of Holden
- To be a liaison between Town officials and residents
- To provide a resource to assist local farmers and help preserve the Town’s open space
- To do this, the Agricultural Commission will
1. Advise the Board of Selectmen, the Planning Board, the Zoning Board of Appeals, the Conservation Commission, the Board of Health, and other local organizations, on projects and activities related to agriculture, including acquisitions and other transactions involving agricultural lands in town.
2. Engage in projects and actions to promote the business of farm-related activities and traditions, and the preservation of farmland in town. These activities shall include programs and community events.
If you are interested in serving on the commission please fill out a “Do Something Questionnaire”: