Fluorescent Bulb Recycling

Holden residents, as you may be aware, it is illegal to throw out fluorescent lamps/bulb and any other device that contains mercury.
Please recycle your fluorescent bulbs at the:
  • Holden Municipal Light Department, located 1 Holden Street in Holden
  • Wachusett Watershed Regional Recycle Center, located at 131 Raymond Huntington Highway in West Boylston.
Types of lamps included under the mercury recylcing program include: all 4 and 6 foot fluorescent lamps, compact fluorescents, U-tubes, circular, and HID lamps. (Street lamps and ballasts are not included)