The Holden Municipal Light Department is a Town department that is the local electric utility which serves only the Town of Holden. It is one of 40 municipal light departments in Massachusetts and was established by Town Meeting in September 1911 and delivered its first electricity in January 1912. In 1911, $600 was approved to “install an electric lighting system in the Town Hall, Damon Memorial, two engine houses, the Rice School and the School house in Jefferson”. Since then, the Department has expanded to provide reliable and efficient electric power and services to over 7,600 customers within the Town with annual sales exceeding $13 million and about 100 million KWH. The Board of Selectmen acts as Light Commissioners and is assisted by the Municipal Electric Power Advisory Board, which is consulted on various Department matters.
Over 100 years of public power / public service.
|Jane Parenteau||General Manager||(508) 210-5403|
|Barry Tupper||Assistant General Manager||(508) 210-5404|
|Teresa Montoya||Business Office Manager||(508) 210-5411|
|Benjamin Smith||Tree Warden||(508) 210-5400|