Saturday Brush Chipping/Composting Schedule
The Department of Public Works will be conducting spring composting/brush chipping from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on the following dates:
Saturday, April 29, 2017
Saturday, May 6, 2017
Saturday, May 13, 2017
Saturday, May 20, 2017
- Leaves and Grass Clippings will be accepted at the Composting Facility located at the site of the former landfill at 560 River St.
- BRUSH CHIPPING will be done at ADAMS ROAD GARAGE ONLY due to the Asian Longhorn Beetle regulated area.
- Commercial loads will not be accepted. Only cars, pickup trucks and small trailers will be allowed.
- Proof of residency will be required.
- Only loose leaves and grass clippings will be accepted. Leaves and grass clippings brought to the site in bags and/or containers must be removed from the bags and/or containers. The bags and/or containers must be removed from the site by the residents.
- Brush shall be limited to branches with a Diameter GREATER THAN 1 INCH and less than six (6) INCHES. NO ROOTS, STUMPS, BUSHES, BRIARS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- Any items which are determined BY DPW PERSONEL to be unacceptable will be required to be removed from the site by the residents who delivered them.
Please Note: The operation may cease sooner due to weather or capacity of the site.