|Topics||Forms & Documents||Links|
|- Highway accidents (I190/I290)||- Accident Assistance Packet||- Online Accident Report Purchase|
|- About accident reports||- Report Request Form||(Note: getcrashreports.com has been|
|changed to buycrash.com)|
IF YOU'VE BEEN IN A MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT...
The information on this page should answer many of the questions you probably have after being involved in an accident.
Note: If your accident occurred on a highway (such as I-190 or I-290), response was by the Massachusetts State Police, not the Town of Holden Police Department. HPD will not have any information about these accidents. MSP Holden Barracks: (508) 829-8410.
- A helpful checklist
- A blank Operator’s Crash Report required by the state of Massachusetts
- A blank police report request form
>> Click here to access the Accident Assistance Packet
1) There is one report you must fill out yourself:
Operator’s Crash Report
This is the form each driver involved in an accident in Massachusetts must complete.
- You then submit copies to the police department, your insurance company, and the RMV.
- The required form is included in the accident packet available at the top of this page.
2) HPD generates two reports for each accident:
Information Exchange Form
Contains the info you need about the other drivers, in order to complete the required Operator’s Crash Report
- There is no charge for the Information Exchange Form
- May be picked up at the Holden Police Station usually within a day or two of your accident
- If you live far away, you may call and ask that it be mailed to you
- There is a fee for the officer’s report
- $5 if purchased directly from HPD
- $10 if purchased online from buycrash.com
- Obtaining this report is optional; your insurance company should request it from us for their purposes
- Individuals may purchase a copy by submitting a Police Report Request form and $5 (cash or check) to HPD.
- Subject to HPD approval, your report will then be available to you within the 10 day period allowed by Public Records Law
>> Click here to open the Police Report Request form
- Alternatively, most accident reports are available within approximately 72 hours, via buycrash.com. The fee for online purchase is $10.
>> Click here to go to the buycrash.com website