Questions for the health agent? Please e-mail the Central Massachusetts Regional Public Health Alliance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The presence of local boards of health in towns and cities across the state allows for a more grass roots effort in overseeing the public health in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. While many of the laws and regulations the Board of Health enforces are determined by the State, the Board also has the ability to develop regulations and take actions that they deem are uniquely beneficial to the health of the residents of Holden.
Household hazardous chemicals and paints are collected at the Wachusett Watershed Regional Recycle Center (with a fee) by Wachusett Earthday in partnership with the Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation, the Town of Holden and six other Wachusett towns. There will be six collections in 2016: April 16, May 7, June 18, September 17, October 1 and November 19. Residents who need to dispose of household hazardous chemicals and paints before the next Wachusett regional collection should contact New England Disposal Technology in Sutton for its year-round services.
Electronics and universal waste including mercury itmes, batteries, and ballasts are collected at the Wachusett Watershed Regional Recycle Center on a weekly basis. Please visit www.wachusettearthday.org for schedules.
- Asthma Information
- Board of Health Fees
- Do Something Questionnaire
- Ebola Fact Sheet - Boston Public Health Commission
- Food Recall / Safety Information
- Hazardous Household Products
- Health / Fitness Information
- Holden Tobacco Sales Regulations
- How to Avoid Holiday Depression
- How to Cleanup Broken Fluorescent Bulbs
- Mass Department of Health
- Opioid Prevention Forum
- Proper Needle / Syringe Disposal
- Quick Fix Clinics Low Cost Neuter / Spay Services for Cats
- Rabies Information
- Summer Safety Tips
- Tick-Borne Illness Info
- Tobacco Cessation Brochure
- Trash and Recycling
- Zika Virus - Public Health Fact Sheet
Tuesday and Thursday: 8:00am - 4:00 pm