Holden’s Water & Sewer Division of the Department of Public Works is responsible for providing the Town with maintenance to the aging water/sewer infrastructure, transporting and delivering clean drinking water, and finding the most cost effective means of sewage collection/treatment that meets EPA and DEP standards.
The Town of Holden:
- has 108 miles of water main
- more than 1,000 hydrants
- 4 drinking wells and 2 inter-connections with the City of Worcester
- 78 miles of sanitary sewer
- produces more than 480 million gallons of clean water
- has more than 40 different water and sewer pump stations